Wednesday, August 24, 2011

SO CLOSE!

Well, my bags are packed and the car is loaded up...I'm heading out tomorrow after work! I can't believe that Ironman is THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! It seems like just a few weeks since I signed up and started training when in actuality, I've been training for 30 weeks. In terms of gear, I think I have everything that I need. The only purchases I still need to make are some more nutrition (Gu, Chomps, Luna Bars, etc) and the new spray on sunscreen you can use when you're wet. In terms of training, I'm as prepared as I can be. Yes, I should have put in more miles running. But I'm feeling pretty confident about the swim and the bike. Let's just hope adrenaline will get me through that marathon :-)

For those of you that have followed me on this journey, you can follow me on Sunday too! If you go to www.ironman.com you should be able to track my race. I'm bib #104. Race start is 7:00am EST. In order to be an official finisher, I have to cross the finish line by midnight. However, my goal is to finish in 15 hours so by 10:00pm EST. You can always check back to Ironman later to verify that I did indeed finish and didn't die out on the course.

Tune in Monday or Tuesday for an update on the blog. Thanks for all your support thus far and send good vibes my way this weekend!!!!!!

**Anything*is*Possible**

1 comment: