Friday, March 18, 2011

I'm in a Funk

So, the past week and a half has really been a struggle for me training-wise. It all started about last Thursday. I made every workout for the week until my bike ride Thrusday night. And the excuse is the same almost every Thursday...I go to Buffalo Wild Wings with people from work, have a few beers, and get home too late to do anything. Last Thursday was no exception. I went to BW's, had more than a few beers, and stayed out later than I usually do. So biking was out of the question...as much as I love the midnight rides with the Marauders, it's not really a Thursday night activity. Then Friday morning I was supposed to run an hour before I headed to court then to Indianapolis. Because of the activities from the night before, I couldn't get out of bed in time to run. I woke up, showered, and went straight to court. Saturday was supposed to be a bike ride but I didn't want to fuss with taking my bike to Waukegan and then on to Indy so I didn't bike. And by the time Sunday rolled around, I was just too tired from a whirlwind weekend (plus losing an hour in the time change) to get off the couch and run.

Then a new week started and I tried to have a fresh attitude. I got up Tuesday after an excellent sleep and made my way to the pool. Nothing but frustration. I couldn't hang with my normal lane-mates and went over to LANE 5!!!! For those of you that don't know the set up for my team, that's borderline snail pace. I tend to stay in lane 2 or 3. So to go to 5 was a huge step down. I had planned on running an hour after court but then realized I had absolutely no food at home for dinners or in the office for lunch. So I spent my lunch break grocery shopping. Wednesdays are usually clutch for me and I have no problems. Well, this Wednesday, I just couldn't get out of bed (despite the fact that I got decent sleep). So I skipped the am gym session and went on my lunch. Because of that, I had to cut it down from a 45 min bike and 15 min run to a 20 min bike and 10 min run. There was a get together downtown Wednesday night with people from court so I of course made an appearance, had a few beers, and got home too late. So Thursday was a complete bust this week. I was too tired to get up for swim practice, didn't have time to make the gym on lunch, and went out to celebrate St. Patty's Day with green beer after work. Training FAIL.

I was partially responsible last night though and limited myself to one beer then went home knowing I had to get up and run for 75 minutes this morning. I woke up right on time feeling refreshed, changed my clothes, and headed to the gym. I'm not sure if it is the changing weather or what but it was freaking HOT in the gym. I just couldn't do the full run. I ended up running for 45 minutes and walked for 15 then called it quits. By the time I finished, I looked like I had just stepped out of the shower because I was so drenched with sweat. I also got pretty jittery about halfway through the run. That usually only happens when I don't eat but I had a small breakfast before hitting the gym and went through one and a half water bottles while running. So, not sure where that is coming from.

HOPEFULLY, this weekend will prove to be successful. I would like to get outside to bike a little bit but we will see how the weather is. I'm just hoping I can get out of this funk soon because I don't like the way I feel and I don't like when I skip out on so many training sessions. So keep your fingers crossed that I will have a much more positive update next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment