Sunday, March 20, 2011

Where did my ass go?

So, I've lost my ass. I don't know where it went. I realize I am trying to lose some weight and get down to my ideal race weight, but having a little extra cushion in my rear-end is NEVER a bad thing! My butt hurts from biking yesterday :-(

I got up super early (for a Saturday) and headed into the office Saturday morning. My plan was to come home and take a nap afterwards but the sunshine was just too tempting. It looked gorgeous outside and there was more sunshine than Chicago has seen in the last six months combined. So I took the Canondale off the trainer and headed out for my first OUTDOOR bike ride of this training season. I went about 18 miles: started at my house and headed to the Lake Front Trail. I rode south to McCormick Place then turned around and came back. There was a nice tail wind going down so I was holding a steady and comfortable 18 mph. The ride home was a little tougher with the wind in my face so I dropped down.

It was SO NICE to get outside again and ride! It definitely put me in good spirits after the funk I've been the past week. That was the start to an excellent weekend...it was followed by a trip to the Lincoln Park Zoo and an afternoon at Stanley's that turned into a night at Stanley's. Now I am heading out to go to the Purdue game! Here's to a great weekend and hopefully a good week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment