Monday, May 23, 2011

What a freaking roller coaster

Oh. My. Goodness. What a freaking mess I am. I don't even know where to begin. I'm still struggling to get in all of my workouts because there just aren't enough hours in the day to accomplish everything I need to. Throw in the stress of moving next week and I'm all sorts of screwed.

I'm also INCREDIBLY frustrated by the weight roller coaster I have been on. You would think that someone who exercises as often as I do wouldn't have any problem dropping those last couple pounds. But nooooooooo...I may be the only person training for an Ironman that GAINS almost ten pounds in a matter of months. WTF?! I try to be conscious of what I am putting in my body but obviously I'm not doing a good job of that. So starting this morning I'm really putting a lot of effort into it. One problem I see is that I don't eat fruit. But I'm trying.

I was also pretty upset with my run attempt this morning. The goal was to get in 8 miles before court this morning. I started running and felt like I was going to puke. I got in about 3 miles of running and a mile and a half of walking before I had to quit. So we will try again this evening and see if I can get it in.

I did, however, have a decent bike ride on Saturday. Put in 25 miles and encountered a ton of obtacles (skater punks in the path, the Autism Speaks walk, some rain and some downpour).

So, send some love my way and keep me motivated!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Auntie Cari.... you've come so far and been working and training for so long, you're going to have some bumps in the road in your training. It is how you handle and work through those obstacles that truly defines who you are. As long as I have known you, you have NEVER NOT accomplished what you set out to do, so there is no doubt in my mind that you are going to get through any difficult training setbacks and totally blow it up in Louisville! You can do it! I believe in you!!!!! - luv, buster :)

    ReplyDelete