Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sunday Shout-Out

I have some really awesome friends and family. So every once in a while, I will send a shout-out to them. Here's the first of the Sunday Shout-Outs to come:

One of my best friends from home, Ashley Donnell, completed her FIRST marathon this morning! She did the Walt Disney World Marathon in Florida. She rocked it too! I can't wait to see pictures of her running through the happiest place on Earth with all the characters.

Additionally, a great friend from law school, Melissa Hinterhauser, also ran through Disney World this weekend. She, however, kicked it up a notch and completed the Goofy Challenge! She is one that truly can understand my desires to see just how far I can push my body. The Goofy Challenge consists of running the half marathon on Saturday followed by the full marathon on Sunday. She and her sister both completed the Challenge.

I give huge props to them for training through the nasty winter months with ice, snow, and below zero temperatures. I don't know that I would adapt well to cold weather training. So props to you, Ashley and Melissa, on your accomplishments this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment