Thursday, February 3, 2011

Blizzard Blues

So, the infamous Blizzard of 2011 has put a damper on the training. Tuesday was day 2 of training and I needed to swim and run. I got the swim in but didn't make it to the gym to do my running. I thought about getting outside before the snow started to run quickly but I had to sign in to work from home and finish out the work day. By the time I signed out, the snow had started and showed no signs of stopping.

Wednesday was supposed to be a bike transitioning into run day. In all honesty, I could have gotten the bike in but once again, I was working from home and really didn't want to get out of my pajamas. I finally got out of my pj's and trekked over to Target for some sustenance. I took a few pictures and just so you know I wasn't being lazy, here is the proof that I couldn't run outside:




So there went Wednesday's training. Today was supposed to be a swim and bike day. Because my car was covered in snow (see above), I couldn't get to the pool this morning and struggled to make it to court on time so the biking didn't happen either. The CTA was PACKED and it was rather slow this morning.

So my alternate form of exercise for today was shoveling. I'm pretty sure my office wasn't going to let me stay home forever so I needed to make sure I could get there tomorrow. It took me an hour but I am happy to report that I can now get my car out of it's parking spot and can make the commute out to Burr Ridge tomorrow. I didn't wear my heart rate monitor but I'm fairly confident it got up there while shoveling. And I'm also pretty sure I'm going to be incredibly sore tomorrow.

The blizzard may have ruined my training for a couple days, but I'll be back in the gym tomorrow morning bright and early. Treadmill run with Staci then we're trying out the yoga-pilates fusion class. Thankfully, this is just the first week of training so I have plenty of time to make it up...29 weeks to be exact. No problem! I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow and all will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment