Sunday, February 13, 2011

Negative Splits

The weather has FINALLY cooperated with me and allowed me to run outside again! It got into the 40's today and I headed out this morning for an hour run. This was the first outdoor run I have done based solely on time instead of mileage.

I got in 6 miles in my one hour which is a great pace for me. I know that I am not going to hold 10 minute miles for a full marathon after swimming and biking. But, I think that i can potentially hole 13 minute miles. If I can keep up a faster pace for my shorter runs, I think I can hold a slower pace for the longer ones.

The exciting thing about this morning's run was that I negative split the six miles. It wasn't a significant negative split but there was a 15 second difference between the first three miles and the second three miles. And my last mile was the fastest of all coming in at exactly 10:00. I felt great and probably could have kept going but I had to get back, shower, and head downtown to church.

I'm feeling good and have enjoyed the rest of my Sunday afternoon. Tomorrow starts Week 3! Let's keep it up :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment